We have officially been in our house for one year now. It is so hard to believe how quickly this past year has gone. As I thought back to moving in last year, I can really see how the Lord has blessed us in this year. Watching the kids play outside today reminded me how blessed we are to no longer be living on a busy road. The kids can roam and I don't have to be worried about their every move. We have gained so much space inside our house too. I've been reminded of the list Adam and I made when we started considering moving of what we wanted in a house. God provided us with everything in this house that we needed, except the not needing repairs part but we're doing okay with that. I really believe part of the reason that the winter wasn't too rough on us this year was because of the room that the kids had to play. They would kind of bounce from one room to the next and weren't forced to just play in the living room like our old house. We now have a house that we can entertain in too. We've had Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's and Birthday parties all of which could have never been done in our old house. In addition to the house and property, we have gained the world's greatest neighbors! We cherish their friendship and they have become such a special part to our family.
We have been given so much but it sure took a toll on our family, our marriage and our sanity for a while! My brain reached a point this winter that I felt like it had been fried. I really believe it was from all of the stress that involved last year. Adam and I have learned first hand that God promises to take care of us, but it doesn't always mean that it will be easy. We've had our bumps, but boy has God been faithful to us! I look forward to what else God has in store for us in the years to come in this house.
And if I didn't see his faithfulness in all of this, I was reminded today that our house sold in 4 days this summer. This definitely was a God thing!
Hotel Shenanigans-Day 1
7 years ago
1 comments:
Can I share something with you that I feel God was talking about to me the other day? It is difficult not having our family close by us...we love and cherish all the time we have with them, and they are all so special to us.But I felt like God said to me that His ways are so above our ways...and I think you are one of those rewards for us. God knew what He was doing when He brought you to my brother's house. We may not have our biological family living in your house...but you all have become our family also. We love you so much and we cherish your friendship and the smiles and laughter that your beautiful children bring everyday into our lives! We are the blessed ones!
Post a Comment