Since strawberry picking was relatively successful, I decided to try blueberry picking with our friends. This was way easier than strawberry picking, but the kids still weren't too interested in picking. I LOVE blueberries so I tried to at least take advantage of the kids cooperativeness and grab as many berries as I could. In an effort to keep everyone occupied, I let the kids take pics. So all of the pics, except the one of the kids were taken by the kids on this post!
There was no searching through the plants for berries. They seemed to be every where you looked.
Bryson did really well finding the nice berries, but he was more interested in the swing set they had there.
The girls getting reacquainted again.
This was about the only berries that Addie picked. :)
Tanyon started out going to town picking, then he decided to start eating the berries. You can see that he has some berries in his bucket. However, when he gave up picking berries there was nothing in his bucket!
Our friend Christian. Photograph taken by Bryson!
Although a sunny day is nice, the weather was actually perfect for picking blueberries! It wasn't hot at all!
Here's the proof that I was blueberry picking. See the nice bounty of berries we came home with! Boy, couldn't the boys have taken a better picture?! :)
Thanks Judy for inviting us along! We will definitely enjoy these yummy blueberries. I'm considering going back again, without kids this time to stock up our freezer. I've decided though that we must plant some blueberry bushes here at our house!
3 comments:
Boy are you quick with the blogging today!! And that is a cute picture of Christian that Bryson captured. It was a nice morning! Successful with no rain and only McKenna seemed to be having a melt down, so all in all it was a good time. You just never know how it's going to go with these things. I haven't done anything with my blueberries yet but I always see cute 4th of July things made with blueberries and strawberries, so maybe I'll try something.
Okay....I have now officially decided that I am never allowing your boys to be my photographer. I certainly don't want any butt shots of me!!!!! Anyway, the berries look yummy, and I agree....you definitely should plant some blueberry bushes!
how fun! we went on tuesday and I was quite suprised at how many natalie picked. she keeps asking to go back, and since we've either frozen or eaten what we got, I might have to.
If you want a good/easy recipe for blueberry cobbler let me know!
Post a Comment