My boys found the window crayons we had today while I was on the phone and boy did they make a mess. I thought I had the crayons out of harms way, but I guess I was wrong. They decided to color themselves. When asking Tanyon why he colored himself he told me that he "wanted to make himself look handsome." Coloring themselves wasn't enough though.
They had blue everywhere. Look closely at Tanyon's toes and hand!
But coloring themselves isn't where they stopped. Tanyon appearantly wanted to leave his mark elsewhere also.
This is the brand new entertainment center that Adam just built for us. I'm hoping this blue will come off.
I was so made when I saw it that I couldn't think of a meaningful consequence on the spot. So after I had some time to process, I decided that the kids would lose a day of tv for each coloring spot I found. I told Bryson he was also in trouble because he didn't come to tell me what Tanyon was doing. SO, I sat them down on the couch and we started counting the spots- 7 of them to be exact. So tomorrow, we start 7 days without tv, which isn't a bad thing- but I think this is going to be a hard punishment on Mommy too! Just another reminder today why it's good that we don't have anything nice
3 comments:
As soon as I saw the title to this post I had to come check out what happened. Boy oh boy that does look like a mess. Remember the time Christian drew on a bunch of stuff with red magic marker. I seriously thought I might become an abusive mom at that moment. Poor boy sat in his room for almost an hour while I cooled down. Thankfully we all recovered from that but I still have a nice red mark on my couch ((sigh)).
So keep us posted! Let us know if you got it off everything. I think it's hysterical that Tanyon colored all over Bryson and Bryson didn't tell you. I'm sure he was enjoying the show!
Oh my......whoever in their right mind would even buy those window crayons...:( (sorry!) I have some clorox magic eraser if you want to try that to see if it comes off. I used that on the walls when Beth used red sharpie markers on Haven's walls and it did come right off. THROW THOSE CRAYONS AWAY!!!! (That's my opinion!)I think I need to use better discretion when buying your kids gifts!
oh girl!! I'd be pulling out the magic erasers for that! My kids have done their share of coloring on things...actually I think it was just one instance for each of them, and then they realized it wasn't such a good thing to do!
Taking away the TV is such great punishment in our house! But it sure does drive me crazy! I hope this week is nice so you can put them outside to play!
Post a Comment