Friday, October 9

Summer Recap- July

I did much better with recording July events then June but here are a couple things that I missed.


4TH of JULY-

We spent the day as a family. I ran in our town's 5K race to start the morning off. This was a very difficult race for me! I honestly could not breath for the entire 28 minutes that it took me to run it. A major accomplishment for me was that I did the 1st mile in 7:30 (which obviously shows I don't know how to pace myself). I was ready to stop after the 1st mile because 1- I thought I was going to die and 2- that would have been a very respectable time for me back in high school let alone after a major knee surgery and 3 kids! Did I mention that the majority of that 1st mile was also up hill!!!


This picture was shortly after the 1st mile marker. Honestly if the kids were not here I think I would have stopped running! This running issue has been quite frustrating to me lately. I ran my 1st 5k this spring and really enjoyed it. Since then I have not been able to breath while running. I had sports induced asthma back in the day, but it's to the point that I barely run and I can't breath. It's been so frustrating that I just want to give up running. Anyways, that's quite off subject! :)


After the race we stayed for the parade, which the boys really enjoyed!


Adam and I couldn't figure out what all the fascination was with the local newspapers mascot but all the kids went running out to hug him?!

After the parade, we ended up staying around and enjoying the free activities that were set up. Then it was home for lunch and naps and this is where our day fell apart!! It seems that no of the kids felt that they needed naps. But we won't go there because we only want to remember happy thoughts right?!

In the evening we went back into town to enjoy some of the other activities that were left. We somehow we fortunate enough to acquire tickets from several people so we enjoyed the inflatables for free!

Adam was absolutely mortified that the boys wanted to jump in this and that I left them do it. There was no line to this bounce house. It didn't matter to the boys what it looked like from the outside, they just wanted in the inside! :)


In preparation for our mini vacations we decided to camp outside in our backyard one night. We needed to see if Addie could handle a sleep bag (we learned very quickly that she most definitely could not!) and we also wanted to know how the kids would just do sleeping in the tent- since we were going camping for 2 nights later in the month.


Here are the kids helping Adam set up the tent. They are getting old enough that at times (few and far between) they are actually helpful. :)


Our tent all set up. Let me just add that camping in our backyard was my ideal version of camping out! No packing required, carry everything by hand, all modern conveniences are just a few feet away and I got to appreciate the beautiful surroundings that God has blessed us with on our property.


The kids making smores with Daddy.


As times are often crazy and full of chaos and commotion I really try to remind myself that these moments we have with them won't last forever. This was one of those moments I wanted to treasure.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

I LOVE that last picture of everyone sitting on the bench!

Judy said...

That last picture is a treasure!