Thursday, February 11

The Hair Cut!!

Here is the much awaited pictures of our hair cutting catastrophe. The picture below it what I found on our living room couch a couple of weeks ago. I almost cried as I vacuumed up all of the hair!



Do you see all of that hair? There even was hair under the dinning room table, but I couldn't get a good picture of it.

I had been trying to be very intentional about thinning Addie's bangs out and getting all of her hair at the same length. It seems like her hair at the front of her head doesn't grow as quickly as the hair in the back. Anyways, I was getting quite proud of the progress we were making. I was starting to braid her hair and pull it back into cute pony tails. All of that is no more for a while.

Here's the outcome. I think I'm the only one that really notices the damage. You can see how her bangs are quite lopsided. We are quite lucky that the damage can be hidden by pulling it back in a clip. I predict that this haircut is going to get much worse when it grows out!

My guess as to what happened is this- I have always parted Addie's hair off to the side because that was the way that it laid the best. But she always had a chunk of hair that fell in her face if it wasn't pulled back with a clip. Well, I believe that she just whacked of that whole chunk of hair that was hanging in front of her face. It's really hard to tell but the hair that is pulled back is just this chunk of hair. It's maybe 5 inches long. In someways it's like she put a layer in her hair.


I spent several days trying to decide if I should cut her bangs or not. I was afraid that if I evened things up it would look silly because they were so short. I finally cut them and this is the final outcome. Definitely could have been worse, but I'm still not real happy with this little girl. But she sure is proud of herself!

1 comments:

Holly said...

I think it's a right of passage...cutting your own hair. And she still looks adorable. Ellie's hair hangs in her face all the time, too, and it drives me crazy. We haven't cut bangs yet, but the front isn't as long as the back and those little hairs just fall out of the pony tail and hang in her face. She looks like Cousin It. So rest assured that Addie isn't the only one with crazy hair!