Friday, April 4

A Pleasant Reminder!

Today I had a rough time with getting Tanyon to sleep for his nap. We went several rounds for about a half hour before he decided to give in. As I started to get irritated, God helped me to remember how far we have come in a year. When we put the boys together in a room last February it was a nightmare. Tanyon went from awesome sleeper to battle warrior over night. Adam and I would spend anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour and a half chasing the boys (esp. Tanyon) back to bed at night. Nap times seemed to be the worst because the boys just seemed to feed off each other. Every day it seemed like I had to break his will before he would give in to sleep. With as much energy as the boys have, nap time is a very precious thing to Mommy's sanity. As I thought back today about that transition it seemed like we would never get through, but it was so good to see how God has given us the wisdom and strength to get through those rough times. I am so thankful that I can lean on Him for strength and wisdom!

Not the best picture, but a beautiful site to me! :)

3 comments:

Judy said...

I recognize that Thomas pillowcase. We've got one of those ourselves! Christian's nap became a battle at age two and I have finally given up. He hasn't taken a nap in about 10 weeks. It's very sad, but he does sleep in until about 8:30 or 9:00am everymorning, so that's not bad. My two year old has a very very strong will too. I'm really hoping that age three is better for us. You guys are doing a great job with your boys. They are precious little guys and I'm sure they are going to act up with all the transition you all have been going through. Your consistency is the best thing you can do. Thank God for his wisdom. I never dreamed parenting could be so complicated!

Judy said...

You're getting a little fancy with this blog!! I love the pictures of the kids on the right. Looking at those birthday tickers makes me realize just how close your kids are in age. You have had quite a year this past year with Addie's birth and two busy boys!

Amy said...

Nap time is such a beautiful thing and I totally understand how valuable it is to Mommy's!!! We don't struggle with naps so much (well, I actually hardly ever put the kids down for naps anymore because they're either at daycare or at Judy's) but bedtime can be a struggle for my strong willed little four year old sometimes!!! She's cute, but she's fiesty:) It sounds like your consistency with your boys is paying off. And you really have such sweet boys to begin with too!!! Hopefully Addie will just be one of those third born children who just goes with the flow!!!