Thursday, May 7

I Hate Mud!!

I've been alright with the fact that it has rained pretty much ALL week long. Monday the boys hounded me so much about riding their bikes that I let them go out in the rain to ride for a while, I was ok with the mess. No pics, because I really was ok with them being wet and muddy- we got some exercise.


Tuesday we had a break in the rain, so we all went out for a while. I was working in the flower bed and the boys got a hold of the hose, but I was the good mom and let them have fun. Boy did they have fun. Here's the proof:

We have a large hole in the ground were we dug up a bush and the boys filled it with water. As soon as I thought no big deal, this is the idea Tanyon got. Check him out in action.


He would jump into the water and it would go up to his thigh. He would scream and yell (because it was freezing cold) and then laugh and laugh. Bryson was wise enough to sit back and encourage his brother to get wet and cold and allow him to provide the entertainment.


Look at that face of pleasure! Yes, he did try and go down the slide into the water several times, but I stopped that one because of the fear of hitting his head on the rock. And yes, his socks were white when he first went outside.


And then of course Addie had to get in on the action also. Her pink pants were also brown until they came in.
Wednesday I wised up and said absolutely no water hose! No worries right- WRONG!! They found the spot where the water came out from the sump pump. I once again let them have fun throwing rocks into the water, but it all went south. I would have NEVER imagined the could have gotten as muddy as they did. Craig was in on this one and he was all splashed with mud and his good sneakers were COVERED in mud. As I was scrubbing up his sneakers the kids got in the house without me knowing it. This is a sample of what I found in the bathroom:
There was mud EVERYWHERE. At this point I reached my breaking point and absolutely lost it!
This was Addie after the whole ordeal. Doesn't look too bad at first glance- look closer!
Check out that shirt!


And her hair was wet also! Besides the fact that I had a major mess to clean up, I was so made because this was their 3rd outfit of the day.
Today even though it ended up being a beautiful day they still managed to find the mud.
They were so muddy today that everyone had to get in the bathtub before naptime.

Yes those were once again white socks he was wearing at one time.
Just so you don't think Bryson has stayed completely clean during this week, this is what I found tonight:

Bryson just shows a little bit more self control than his brother. :)


Take a close look at his leg and sneakers!

After recovering from my breaking point yesterday, I decided it's just clothes that need washed- let them enjoy the mud and be kids. I couldn't help but snicker this afternoon as I was folding laundry. Tanyon's pile of clothes at least doubled Bryson's! Addie's wasn't too far behind Tanyon's though. :)
THESE DAYS WILL PASS RIGHT?!

2 comments:

Judy said...

Oh tell me about it! I am so sick of mud too! I thought our backyard was pretty dried out this afternoon, yet Christian still came in with mud splattered all over himself, including his hair. We went through 3 changes of clothes with him today. At least he loves wearing his rain boots so he's not messing up his good shoes or coming in with brown socks :) I'm ready for a dry spell!

Jackie said...

I LOVE YOUR KIDS!!!!!! Their spirit of adventure and creativity and just flair for having fun are wonderful qualities that can only be developed through spending a week in the mud!!! Hang in there! The sun is coming!!!