Wednesday, June 3

Strawberry Picking


This morning we attempted strawberry picking for the 1st time. I really went with very low expectations so I was okay with the outcome. The primary motive was to get together with our friends and to have something special to do. The boys were interested for a little and then wanted nothing to picking strawberries. Uncle Craig was so impressed he decided to sit in the car the whole time. :)


Bryson on the search for big red strawberries. I think it was too much work for Bryson. He wanted big red strawberries right in front of him.


Tanyon at work with our friend Christian.


Tanyon found a small bird's nest in the ground. The boys were checking out the eggs.


Addie spent most of her time hanging out with McKenna. Forget the strawberries, there was a "baby" much more important. :)


Addie's picking percentage was 50%. One red and one green. I'm glad she didn't pick too many berries.


Tanyon decided he should sit on his bucket while working.


Tanyon really wasn't a very happy picker.


Bryson trying to patiently wait until we were done.




Right before we left Addie decided to start eating the strawberries. Everytime I looked down she had another berry! I didn't get a good picture of her shirt and face with red all over them!
We've got a nice bowl of sliced strawberries in the frig for dessert, some fresh berries for our cereal and we passed the rest of our berries onto Oma to make jelly. Mommy would rate the morning relatively successful!

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Wow!!! I am impressed! It sounds like you had a great day!!! I personally think you were brave for attempting such a feat! I loved the pictures!

Judy said...

Look at you... you beat me to it! It was a fun morning, although the bugs were driving me crazy and the weather wasn't quite perfect. But it was still a great experience and we came home with some great strawberries! It was fun to see you guys. Addie is such great entertainment for McKenna. It's so cute how she doesn't leave her side.