As the dust settles from our spree of vacations, I've been left with a conviction- to be more intentional. It frustrates me that it seems like every aspect of my life needs improving and the only way I'm going to do any improving is to be intentional. I need to be intentional with how much I'm eating, with getting by pictures up on my blog, with making a schedule for myself that includes devotions and workouts, to being a better wife, and making sure I'm doing "academic" stuff with Bryson to make sure he's ready for school, to making sure I read to Addie everyday, to folding the laundry the same day that I wash the laundry. And the list could go on and on! I've just been feeling like a terrible mom, wife and housewife.
So now that I'm re-energized from these vacations (HA!), I'm determined to try to be intentional. We'll see how it goes. I've started uploading pictures for the blog, so they should be coming soon. Hopefully they won't be too boring. There's a ton of beach pictures! But aren't beach pictures the best?! So here's to being intentional, we'll see how it goes!
Hotel Shenanigans-Day 1
7 years ago
2 comments:
Help me be more intentional too! Add that to your list! No, not really, but I also need help with being better with what I am eating! You are going to do great....you always do what you set your mind to! Looking forward to seeing those pictures!
It's funny that you just wrote this, because I've been feeling the same way. But when I read your post, it sounded like you were expecting too much of yourself. I think being intentional is very important, but sometimes I think we expect ourselves to be super women and that's just not possible. I think I'll pick one or two important areas and work on being intentional in those areas...does that make me sound like a slacker??? Tackling everything at one time is overwhelming to me! Good luck and let us know how it goes!
Post a Comment