We were so lucky to get to spend 4 days at the beach with one of our favorite families! Keith and Heather are our good friends from college. We weren't sure what to expect with 7 kids in one beach house all under the age of 6!But we had a GREAT time. Sure there were moments of sheer chaos, but it wasn't nearly as bad as I expected. The boys, who weren't so fond of the ocean on our prior 2 experiences, LOVED the water. And because brothers loved the water so did Addie! It was so much fun to watch everyone playing and having fun together!
Because Addie is a terrible car rider we split our 5 hour trip into chunks and our plan worked great. We stopped about an hour into our drive and ate breakfast. Then we drove another hour and half to Cabela's, which Daddy was SUPER excited about. It was a little out of the way, but Adam needed some stuff for his big fishing trip and the kids think it's great there too.
There are really cool displays throughout the store.
The kids and I just looked at all the displays while Daddy shopped.
There even was a free simulated boat racing game.
This was Bryson's reaction when he got on the beach. He just kept jumping up and down and yelling this is so awesome! I really should have had the video camera going.
Tanyon went right to the water. No fear this time!
Everyone wanted to get in right away. Fortunately Addie got knocked down by a wave this first night or I think she would have been totally fearless to the water.
Addie and I did lots of running in and out of the water. We would jump over some waves and then run back out. Over and over we did this!
We dug lots of swimming pools. Some how the kids always decided that I should be in charge of the digging.
The kids had lots of fun taking rides on the water kayak.
The rides always fell under Adam's supervision. Which I think he enjoyed! The beach isn't his favorite place so a distraction is always good for him.
The "boys" even took the boat out some too.
Working on a swiming pool.
Baby Paige enjoying one of our pools. All she wanted to do was eat sand. And lots of it she got!
The kids hanging out in another pool!
Working hard. Bryson was often working to find a treasure. When we were getting ready to leave Adam couldn't find his vbll. Bryson says, "uh mom, I know where Dad's vbll is . . . I hid it in my sand volcano the other day." :) So long vbll!
Ellie, the Hershey's 2nd daughter.
These 2 played a lot together. Tanyon brought out a side of Ellie I hadn't seen before. Not so sure if that was a good thing. :)
Regan, the Hershey's 3rd daughter.
Tanyon practicing his surfing skills. He did catch onto boogie boarding later in the week!
The one evening we ventured to the boardwalk. The kids were great but it was very stressful with all of the people! I was so tired from counting to 6 over and over doing head counts!
Addie insisted on walking with her hands in her pockets. She was so proud of her flip flops too! She kept dragging behind trying to get her hands in her pockets. This added to the stress.
The Hershey Family
These girls are just so special! We love them bunches!!
Our family picture. Because we were only there for a couple days, I didn't think to get more group pictures of the kids and family.
Getting everyone to smile was quite a treat! A teenage boy who was sitting on the boardwalk offered to take our picture. We were quite impressed with his kindness and I was a little afraid he was going to take off with my new camera. I think we provided some good birth control for him. :)
This is totally Tanyon!
And Addie too!
I can't believe how big he's getting!
We couldn't figure out why the kids insisted on huddling around the little DVD player when there was a big TV right there in the room. Guess it wasn't cool enough.
The last morning we were there it was rainy. So we rented a surry to entertain everyone. This thing was hard work! You should have heard the men complaining.
I loved watching them play together!
This could be a good form of punishment at home, if only i had this much sand. :)
Check out this beach beauty! She was lovin' her sunglasses and flip flops!!
Life's all serious when your lookin' good. :)
This is all the further out Bryson would got with the boogie board. Don't get real far, but he was having fun!
The water is where Addie spent the majority of her time! Except for the afternoon that she decided to wonder off from us - VERY SCARY!!!
Bryson enjoying the waves!
I LOVE this picture! This was the first picture we took and everyone smiled at the same time! AMAZING!!
2 comments:
WHAT AMAZING PICTURES!!!!! I NEED TO ASK YOU ABOUT EMAILING ME SOME....THEY WERE AWESOME AND DEFINITELY FRIDGE WORTHY!!!!! It looks like it was an amazing vacation....and so much fun!
Looks like such a good time. Even Cabelas looks fun. You really got some great pictures. It looks like your kids were made for the beach! I'm so glad you were able to get away for a few days!
Post a Comment