Thursday, August 13

Mini Vacations #2 and #3

So vacation #2 was just for Mommy! My grandmother (Oma) flew my mom and I out to Wisconsin for my grandfather's(Opa) 80th birthday! Opa had no idea we were coming and actually didn't recognize me with my short hair cut! We got to spend 4 days with them and it was so nice. While I missed the kids, it was so nice to just sit back enjoy talking, enjoy eating yummy meals and enjoy playing some games! None of which are done with my 3 kiddos around. :)


Opa with his great granddaughter, Bella! She said the cutest poem to Opa at his party. Bella is a little over a month older than Addie. Her verbal skills leave Addie behind in the dust! It amazing how each kid develops so differently.


Opa with all of his yummy dessert. Yes Jackie, I've got to admit that I had all of them. Only because everyone was pulling my arm and making me eat them. :) I guess if it makes the record any better I actually didn't have the Mocha Chocolate Torte, because I don't care for coffee.


I bought Opa a bday card that played music when he opened the card. It was so funny because he had no idea where the music was coming from. He just laughed and laughed then once he realized it.


I even found a really fun lawn game for Adam to make for us. This was lots of fun and unfortunately brought out my competitive side. What am I saying, it doesn't take much for that to happen. :)


When I fly with kids I don't get to enjoy God's awesome handy work. The clouds seemed so amazing to me!


Mini Vacation #3 Camping

We went with our friends the Wolf's on a 3 day 2 night camping trip. The weather unfortunately did not cooperate with us. We were to go to LakeMont Park that Wednesday (the whole reason we went on this camping trip). However, when we woke Wednesday it was pouring down rain and it proceded to pour down rain the ENTIRE day!! Not much fun, but we tried to make the best of it.


We were fortunate enough to find this gigantic indoor play area to let the kids burn of some energy (try about 2 1/2 hours worth!)

I didn't take a lot of pictures because Adam and I enjoyed our time talking to Dave and Sherri! As much as you can converse in a Chuckie Cheese like environment. We went to CiCi's for super which ended up being TERRIBLE. It just fit right in with the weather that day. We did however, get a coupon for a free meal so we took advantage and ate there the next day for lunch before heading home.


Before we left on Thursday we took the canoes out to Canoe Lake. This was a beautiful location!


Tanyon was all ready to go until he got in the boat and then he wasn't so sure.


Addie was even more excited but the second she stepped foot in the boat the tears started!


Mommy and Addie ended up staying behind because Addie was not willing to stay in the boat!


The surrounding were just amazing!


Tanyon rode in the canoe until they got to the beach area and then he wanted to go swimming.


Look at the color of that water. You would not catch Mommy swimming in that!


Tanyon being Tanyon. He insisted on standing on this wall. I told him he would fall. He assured me that he wouldn't. About 10 seconds later . . . he fell!


And this is why I dislike camping. All the work it takes to load everything up and then unload all of the mess that comes back!

Our good old van with a canoe loaded on top of it.

Although the kids were disappointed that we missed out on the amusement park, they seemed to still have a great time! I was really impressed with how well they did camping. They really are growing up fast! Thanks Wolf's for camping with us. We enjoyed spending time with you!

1 comments:

Jackie said...

Oh wow! You are so very brave! But what a great memory! Looks like fun!