After living with 3 small kiddos, I've developed the motto to never have expectations because then you can't be disappointed. Well, I didn't follow my motto this morning. Today is Bryson's 1st day of school. I thought he would be so excited, we'd have a great morning getting ready, lot's of pictures from my excited boy. However all of the above was WRONG.
All Bryson did from the minute he got up is fuss about his cut he had on his leg. I made the kids a special breakfast, which everyone was so excited about and then no one. Mom came to drop off Craig, I lost track of time and before I know it we're scrambling to get ready. I had to force Bryson to get dressed, he kept trying to get on the computer. We scrambling and it's looking like Bryson is going to be late on the 1st day! I tried to get some pics, Bryson wouldn't cooperate. Wouldn't even give me a nice smile. After all of the anticipation we had this summer for this 1st day of school you can't even look excited- are you kidding me?!!! Then Addie refused to walk in the grass because it's wet, Tanyon's not listening and insisting that he's riding his bike. Tell me how I'm to get any pictures or video holding a kid and fighting another? Then we had to run up to the building- I knew we'd have mornings like this, but the 1st day?!! I walk Bryson into the lobby area and he's whisked away by a teacher, no hugs, no waves, no goodbyes. Wow- not the morning I expected at all.
So I'm finding myself really bummed right now. Not because my son was sad to leave us, but because nothing went the way I wanted it to go. The house seems so quiet, but I'm not even going to start to list all the things Tanyon and Addie have already gotten into this morning and we've only been home for an hour! Did I mention that it's been a bad morning. Well I know that Bryson is going to have a great time at school, I'm looking forward to hearing about his day. But I better not get any expectations. I'm hoping to get some better pictures after school. So for now, I've got to stop feeling sorry for myself and go clean up the mess Tanyon and Addie created while I typed this. Boy we've got some adjustments to make.
As a sweet side note, as we walked out of the building Tanyon started crying as looks at me and says I'm going to miss Bryson! :)
And I leave you with my other thought this morning. How did this little boy . . .
Get so big to be going to kindergarten?!!!!!
4 comments:
Am I an awful friend since I'm over here laughing??? Sorry it was a stinky morning. I kind-of like that picture of Bryson that you got this morning, even if it is a fake smile :) I think school is going to be a big adjustment for everyone in your family. We just found out that Christian is going to be going to morning preschool and that has pretty much turned my world upside down. No more staying up until 9:30 every night. ((sigh))
I have a feeling Tanyon is not the only one who is going to miss Bryson! I'm sure all of this is a huge adjustment for you too! That first cute picture almost made my cry to think of how fast our kids are growing up.
Make sure you post later today b/c I just have to know how the first day was. I hope his teacher is fun and exciting.
I laughed too! sorry Heidi, you don't have very sympathetic friends! That last picture of Bryson just takes the cake! That is going to be one for the family history books...He looks so THRILLED! (NOT!) Too funny! What a kid!
awww....that would be us every morning if my kids went to school! in fact, we'd probably be doing good to get there by lunchtime! I can't wait to hear how his day went!!
Wow! You're post actually made me feel happy and normal...thanks for sharing it with us! I guess we all have rough days and times when things just don't meet our expectations. But I do think you'll look back on this post someday and laugh about it! And I'm sure that your little man was just anxious and nervous about the big change ahead of him. Here's hoping that the rest of the week goes better for you. Hang in there!
Post a Comment