I snagged a great coupon for a local pottery place a while back and had been saving it for Tanyon's bday. He really enjoys to do crafty stuff so I thought he would enjoy this. Mommy left Addie with Daddy because I didn't think that I could manage all 3 kiddos and I didn't think that Daddy would really enjoy going along for this a whole lot. I honestly thought the whole process would be rather simple, let the kids slap some paint on something and we'd be on our way. Boy was I wrong. The lovely lady that worked there asked the boys what they wanted to paint. Both said super heroes. I quickly said that will be too hard to do. Well, she so nicely said that she would find them pictures on the computer and print them out for us. But she didn't just look for the superhero logo, she printed the actual super hero. I then knew this was going to take way longer then I anticipated. :) Tanyon then preceded to start painting before I got back to the table and was very upset that his didn't look like Green Lantern. So Mommy had to try and resurrected the green blob that was on his plate to look like Green Lantern. In the end it all worked out, this probably would have been better to be an one-on-one project but Mommy survived. Not to say that I wasn't a little frazzled and VERY thankful that I didn't bring Addie!
Tanyon waiting to start painting.
Mommy might have a been a little mean. I made the boys pick plates to decorate, because I figured we could actually use them. They both wanted to paint banks, but I knew we didn't need any more banks. I think they will like having their own individual plates at supper time though!
Here's Bryson's finished plate. I traced the logo for him and he painted it, not too bad! (I refused to let Bryson paint Superman at Tanyon's mishap.) I must admit that I did do a little touch up once he lost interested. He was all into it and then bam he made up his mind he was done and there was no going back to finish it.
And here is the Green Lantern Plate. We were able to take that green blob and turn it into something that kind of resembled a super hero (He's lucky his Mommy has a little bit of artistic ability). I had to really use self control with Tanyon's plate and let him just decorate his plate. I had provided several suggestions, but he had his own masterpiece in mind.
Once we got there, I felt really bad that I didn't bring Addie so I painted her a plate so she would have her own plate too. This was not done a throughly as I would have liked to but I painted in the spare moments that the boys didn't need me and then quickly after the boys lost interested. I'm really curious to see how they look after being fired in the kiln! The colors looked totally different painted then what the finished color was supposed to be.
All in all, I think this turned out to be a fun adventure! Not sure that I would do it without the coupon though.
Hotel Shenanigans-Day 1
7 years ago
1 comments:
Fun, Fun!! I picked up the kids' Easter eggs last night and they look so cute! I want to go back and do plates for them...great idea!!
Post a Comment