Tuesday, March 2

This Conversation Warmed My Heart

This morning while getting Bryson ready for school, he saw my finger that I had cut yesterday. He then goes on this little tangent about how he knows knifes are dangerous and he will not use a knife, even when he gets older! He then tells me, "the girl I marry one day will have to do all the cutting with knifes!" (This made me chuckle!) This comment then springboarded into the discussion I wanted to share.

Bryson said "Mom, when I get big, I want to be a pastor like Mr. Dave so I can tell people about Jesus!" I said "that's really neat! What would you tell people?" Bryson replied "I would tell them that God's with them always and . . . I don't know what else I would tell them." :) This gave me a nice little segway to talk about study God's word so he can share it with others!

Along the same lines, Bryson said he had to do a journal entry at school the other day where they had to say what they would do if they were given a $100. His answer- "I would buy a 100 Bibles!"

I just love how excited this little boy is for Jesus. I immediately started praying this morning that he will always keep this passion for Jesus alive even as he grows! His childlike faith is amazing to me! Bryson is such an auditory learner. It seems like everything he hears he remembers word for word- except when I ask him to do something for me. :) I have really been challenged lately to make sure I'm filling that sponge like brain of his with God's word!

1 comments:

Judy said...

Precious!! Keep praying that his heart will stay soft to the things of Jesus.