Wednesday, June 18

Botherly Love



Last Thursday night the boys were out playing on the swing set when Tanyon started crying. I quickly told him he was okay and figured that they were arguing over something (which they had been doing all day!). Well when I got closer to Tanyon a little later I realized he had a large lump on the side of his eye. I quickly demanded to know what happened and Bryson proudly told me he hit him with a horseshoe (plastic). I scolded Bryson and was going to let it go at that until I heard Bryson say, "BROTHER, if you do that again I'm going to hit you with a horseshoe again! At that Bryson earned his way into a timeout. Tanyon has had a lot of fun telling people that Bryson hit him with a horseshoe and receiving the sympathy from them.
I haven't been able to get a real good picture. His eye actually looks a lot worse than this!
The next day as we were walking over to the neighbors to go swimming I heard Bryson say, "Brother (This is what Bryson always calls Tanyon), I'm sorry that I threw the horseshoe at you. I promise that I'll never do that again." Let's hope that he learned his lesson, but I'm sure it won't be the last brotherly inflicted injury we have. :)

2 comments:

Jen said...

That is definitely brotherly love!!! I remember several 'shiners' that I got from my brother when we were younger. I'm thinking it won't be long until Tanyon is the one giving Bryson a black eye!! You definitely have your hands full with the two of them!! :)

Judy said...

Now that is funny! I think it's cute that Bryson eventually apologized. I'm sure he had been thinking about if for awhile. I'm glad you got a picture of the shiner!