So I've been so consumed with preparation with Thanksgiving that I never had a chance to record Adam's birthday. Adam and I were able to spend the weekend of his birthday together without kids! Adam's parents took the kids for the weekend so we could get some work done around the house, but we were still able to go out to dinner a night for his birthday. It also ended up being really nice to be able to work around the house without the responsibilities that the kids bring, which I think that even was a nice little present for Adam. We finished the weekend up at Adam's parents house for dinner and some cake.
Now for Adam's present. Since moving into this house, he has started talk of needing a chain saw. He's talked, schemed, shopped, waited, tried to convince and talked some more about getting a chain saw. Urgency has picked up on this some since we've decided to use the wood stove this winter. You know this toy has to be needed to get fire wood. I often joke with Adam that it's not fair that his "toys" are justifiable and needed, but I can't say that about the "toys" I would like. :) All this to say, Adam waited until his birthday to get his saw. He went to the hardware store and picked out the saw and paid for it and then the kids and I went and picked it up for Daddy's birthday. The boys were very excited that they got to do this!! There is funny side note to this shopping trip. I have been know in the past to buy some of the boys Christmas presents when they are with me (if there's a good sale) and then tell them that the present is for their cousin Caleb. Well after picking up the saw, I reminded the boys that they couldn't tell Daddy we got his saw. Bryson response- "Mommy we'll tell Daddy that we went to buy a saw for Caleb!". :)
Daddy pretending that he doesn't know what his present is. The boys made him close his eyes!
Adam playing with his saw. Right after this picture went outside to get it running. Boy the male testosterone was flying. I could hear Tim the Tool Man Taylor grunting. :)
Aunt Shannon and Bryson waiting for some cake.
3 comments:
Wow!!! Another great story! I didn't know it was Adam's birthday! Tell him I said Happy Birthday!
Happy Late Bday Adam!
That is so funny about the chain saw! Ben was given one a few years ago and one afternoon he just couldn't take the temptation anymore and butchered the only tree in our yard--a poor little apple tree!
Now at this house he has more to cut and it's funny to watch him...the testosterone definitely kicks in when they have one of those!
How is your wood stove working?
Love the picture of Adam with his eyes shut! Too funny! Birthdays are so much fun at any age with little kiddos around! Happy Birthday Adam!
Post a Comment