Tuesday, December 9

Lost Bet!

The high school where Adam teaches was doing a local canned food drive. Apparently Adam's homeroom students aren't too interested in school spirit or being willing to help other's out. The drive had been going on for a couple of days and no one had brought in any cans. The student counsel students stopped in the one afternoon to collect cans and of course Adam's room didn't have any. The student counsel reps asked Adam if he would be willing to take a pie in the face if the homeroom brought in 50 cans and he agreed. Several more days later when the reps stopped by, his homeroom still had no cans. He mocked the kids for not caring and was so confident that they would never bring in 50 cans that he said he would take the pie in the face while wearing a cheerleading outfit and shave his head. Well . . . Adam had to eat his words. Once student, who he has joked is on his hate list, brought in 50 cans of soup herself! The pie in the face was totally at a random time so he got out of the cheerleading suit (from the video I saw, the student really smashed the pie in his face!), but had to get a haircut! He really has been a good sport about all of this, but the scary thing is that he says he likes his hair this way?!


Getting ready to start the cut. You can tell by his face that he really wasn't so happy about this.


The first swipe- at this point I'm saying to myself "oh my!"


Half way through the one side of his head he decided that I needed to cut him a mohawk! He insisted that this was the only opportunity he would ever have to have one. He really isn't mad in this picture. I guess you have to look tough if your trying to sport a mohawk.


The final result- not so bad . . . it will grow back right?!

4 comments:

Judy said...

Oh my, that is hysterical! He did have to eat his words didn't he!! So did his homeroom bring in a lot of cans or just the girl with the 50 so he would have to shave his head?

CrossWalk Church said...

Just this one student brought in 50 cans. I guess he motivated one kid.

Jackie said...

I actually like the hair cut...but then....I am kind of partial to men with no hair!!! :)

Millicent said...

oh that is too fun!!!! and funny!
Ben shaved his head about 4 years ago during the summer and I freaked, but now I kinda prefer it that way :)