Monday, December 1

Thanksgiving

Wow, I can't believe how quickly our week has gone! I have spent the past 2 weeks basically every free moment cleaning for the arrival of family for Thanksgiving. It was difficult to balance all that needed done, but so helpful to get some projects done around the house. I can officially say that all boxes from our move are unpacked and everything has a home!
On Wednesday my family started arriving. My grandparents, Aunt and Uncle, Cousin and his daughter arrived. Matt's daughter, Bella, is 2 months older than Addie. It was so much fun to watch the girls together. Thursday, another cousin, Nathan, his wife and their daughter arrived. The cousins all stayed with us. It was a lot of fun to play games and spend time with my cousins at night once the kids were in bed. I think I have possibly spent more time with my cousins in my adult life than childhood since Nathan grew up in California and Matt in Illinois.
It was so great to have a house big enough that we could entertain this year! We had 20 people for dinner on Thanksgiving. It was so special for me to look around and see all of the family that I have in my life! I am so blessed! The only thing that didn't get accomplished that I wanted to start a tradition with was a game of flag football. Last year when we were looking at this house, it was one of the first things that I said to Adam about doing. We ate later in the day so it was too dark to get our game in. We can always try next year!
A picture of my Mom's family!
The great grand kids with Tic Toc Oma and Opa!
Oma and Opa (German for grandma and grandpa)
Sabrina (9mos), Addie (20 mos) and Bella (22 mos)
We got to do a little early Christmas. The boys are in love with their new camera! Bryson informed me that he was going to take pictures for the blog (unfortunately the resolution isn't good enough).
Addie with her new baby doll. It doesn't leave her side for very long. When she goes to bed, she has to have baby, bottle, and blanket!
It is so special to me that my kids get to have memories with their great grandparents. Growing up I only knew one set of great grandparents. My kids still have both sets of my grandparents and one of Adam's grandmothers. Addie got lots of kiss and made everyone smile!

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Loved hearing about your Thanksgiving! It was great to see the pictures! Thanks again for Sunday night! Your left-overs were so much better than ours!

Judy said...

How fun to have such a full house on Thanksgiving! I'm sure you were thrilled to be able to host it this year in your new home! It's great to see everyone enjoying themselves! I'm sure you guys worked hard to make it all happen!