It has become a tradition that my mom's family from Wisconsin comes for Thanksgiving. We LOVE getting to spend time with them for several days. We always have a great time hanging out and playing games. But this year Adam and I were stupid- REAL stupid! We had been talking about getting new carpet in our sunroom for a while since there was a really old piece of remanent carpet serving as our flooring in there but we were waiting for the right time financially. Well 2 weeks ago Lowe's decided to offer a really nice financing deal that we decided to act upon- but we didn't think through things.
Since we were getting carpet, then we needed to paint before the carpet came right?! So the weekend before everyone came and while the kids were at my in-laws (and I was supposed to be doing major house cleaning) we were painting. What cleaning I did do was totally undone by the moving funiture, the installation of carpet and my own 3 kid demolition team! Adam and I were pulling LATE nights and we even called on great friends to help bail us out and we still barely got everything done. The carpet was installed Wednesday morning, I went with the kids Wed. morning to pick my grandparents up from the airport (ran into some car troubles on the way!) and the rest of the family arrived Wednesday night. My poor cousins were stuck Thursday morning helping to move furniture and watching my kiddos while Adam and I frantically tried to put the house back together and clean! We are totally loving our new room, but I'm not sure it was worth the stress that it caused us! There will be pictures posted later.
So we were consumed the week before Thanksgiving working, consumed with guest the week of Thanksgiving (which we loved) and I've been consumed all this week trying to get the house back together after our week of guest. I just feel like I'm trying to tread water and gulping more water than air!
All this to say, I'm making list and trying to prioritize my schedule and hope to get back on track with this blog. I've got the next 24 hours without the kids, so I'm hoping to tackle this blog some. Because you know blogging is a whole lot more fun than cleaning the house! :)
Hotel Shenanigans-Day 1
7 years ago
1 comments:
i can't wait to see pictures! mom was telling me all about it. i want to see the finished product! i'm sure it looks awesome.
Post a Comment