Sunday, December 6

Veteran's Day

Bryson's school did a special Veteran's Day program. The neat thing to me was the kids were asked to invite any veterans that they knew. Bryson invited his Pappy Buck and was very excited that he was able to come. Bryson had been singing his special song- "When Johnny Comes Marching Home Again" for several weeks so Tanyon and I were quite excited that we could go see him sing.

The program was very nice. It ended up being a very long time to keep Addie quiet though, which took away a large part of the enjoyment for me!

Here is the video of Bryson singing. He is the 4th one in the front row.


Bryson with Pappy Buck! I love this picture!!

Pappy Buck was the only veteran there from WWII! I thought that was very interesting and made me realize that my grandfather is getting older but that means so am I. :)

My grandfather is so very special to me. He was always at my sporting events and concerts. He seems to have one of the neatest personalities of anyone I know! He also has the largest hands of anyone I know. Check out the size of them on Bryson's shoulder. :)

I will never forget Pappy's gigantic hugs and him asking me "How's my foxy lady doing?" or "There's my favorite granddaughter"- I am his only granddaughter. :) I am so thankful that my kids are also able to build memories of him!

1 comments:

Judy said...

So sweet that Bryson's school did that! What a wonderful way to instill thankfulness for our veterans in the hearts of kids!! Awesome pictures!