Tuesday, August 26

God is SOOOOOO Good!!!

The journey that God started Adam and I on last August has come to an end! It has been extremely long and tiresome, but has been absolutely awesome to see how God has been our provider and in complete control. Adam and I never even imagined that moving out of our old house would be an option, at least while I was staying home with the kids. Through Adam's parents generosity a seed was planted to start looking for a new house that was not on a busy road. God provided us with a house that was everything we had wanted, but totally was His timing and not mine. We moved out of the old house in March so Adam could start all of the finishing projects in the old house to get it on the market. We had lived in our old house for 7 years and had many projects started and very few ever finished (largely due to the nature of having 3 kids and little time or money to finish things.) Adam put so many hours into this house and it was amazing to see his handy work!


The totally cool part to this story is in the selling of the house. For months when I drove up and down our road I was always reminded of all the for sale signs that were up in several different yards and they weren't being sold. My first response would be to want to fret, but I also took faith in knowing that God would take care of us and we had nothing to worry about. Our house officially went on the market on a Sunday afternoon. Monday afternoon we had our first showing. This family came back to the house the next day. Put a contract on the house Wednesday, we countered Thursday and by Friday we had a signed contract. WOW! We knew this was nothing other than God's handy work!!! This journey has been very rough on Adam, our marriage and our family. Adam basically went from his full-time job straight home to start working on the house from January through June and, needless to say, I was basically a single parent for all of those months. God has proved his faithfulness to us over and over again. I have been totally struck by how things work when you just totally give them over to God. Who am I to think I should have control of things, but yet I do it everyday. I'm daily reminded of how blessed we are in this new house. We have space (you don't have to trip over toys to walk through the living room), we have a yard the kids can play in and I don't have to watch every move that they make (but with Tanyon you still have to watch pretty close) and we can entertain (we don't have to move the kitchen table around to be able to fit more than 4 people around it). The neat thing has been to be able to share this experience with the boys! We started in June praying for God to send someone to buy our old house at night before bed. Last night was so cool to go for ice cream after settlement and celebrate with them how God took care of them. I pray and desire so much that God will seem so real to them and not someone that we have to follow rules to. It is an awesome privilege to serve Him and watch Him provide for us.



I've included pics. of the old house all finished. There are many of you who were not able to see the finished project. I must admit that I was quite jealous that the house didn't look like this when we lived there! :) If I had an abundance of time, I would have found some before pics, but we all know that no one has an abundance of time.









This is the entrance that we used into our house. It had a cement floor and unfinished walls with homemade shelves and most of the time you could barely move in it because it was so cluttered. We also put a new door on it.

It's hard for me to believe that this pic is from our old house! Adam and I had many discussions about finishing this room, with me saying it wasn't worth our time. I'll admit that Adam was right on this one!


Adam put a new countertop in and Wayne's coating for a backsplash.



Our living room with trim up!






A closet in the bathroom! We lived for 3 years with a whole in the wall.



Cabinet doors in the hall closet! Here I got the closet, but never had doors.


Finished basement. Adam put a TON of time into this basement. We were planning on using the one half as a playroom for the kids. The walls were in such bad shape when he started that if you rubbed your hand against the stone, the mortar fell out from between the rocks.






I just had to include the pictures of the boys' old bedroom. We (including our pals Keith and Heather) put a lot of time into making this room special for the boys. I never even imagined the thought of moving. This never seemed like it would be a waste of my time.
I really pity the person who tries to paint over these walls. There will be a lot of sanding involved because there was a BUNCH of paint used!



This is the hardest thing for me to leave about the old house. We wrote down all of the heights, but some how this old door was so special to me. Maybe it's Tanyon's artwork that added that special touch. :)

3 comments:

Millicent said...

woohoo!!! congrats! I know for us it was such a blessing to move outside of town into our new 'old' house! The big yard is so wonderful!
Enjoy your new peace of mind when it comes to the old house!

Jackie said...

The best part about leaving your old house is that it brought you closer to us!!!! We now have the best neighbors ever...the cutest neighbors ever...the busiest neighbors ever...the most adorable neighbors ever...and the best new friends ever!

Judy said...

I'm so glad you posted pictures of the "old" house. I looks terrific and I can tell that many many hours were spent fixing it up.
I also just want to rejoice with you in God's faithfulness. It is absolutely amazing that you were able to sell the house that fast! God was definitely in it! I'm so thrilled for all of you! Now hopefully you can get your lives back!