My mom and I drove to Altoona today to take the kids to a small amusement park called Lakemont Park. On Wednesdays it is only $3 a person to get in (it's normally $10). This includes all rides AND the waterpark. We weren't sure what to expect, but we were pleasantly surprised. We probably weren't super critical since it only cost $12 for us all to get in! I would classify the park as a permant carnival, but heck at a real carnaval it costs that much for one ride! They had the usual kids rides, the typical spinny big kids rides and 2 average roller coaster. The paddle boats were included in the cost and miniture golf on Wed. only cost $1!! Your even allowed to bring your own food into the park! Can you tell that on our limited budget I'm totally sold on this place. :) The waterpark was a lot of fun also. They had the kiddie part and then 4 big kids waterslides that Bryson went down once (and loved!) but wouldn't do again- go figure. At times I felt that I might be at a hill billie amusement park, but the kids didn't seem to notice the difference between this and Hershey Park! As we pulled into the drive tonight, Bryson wakes from sleeping and said "Mom, I had a great day!" Thanks Oma for all that you did for us today!
I didn't feel like uploading pics. so i made a slideshow!
![]() |
| Make a Smilebox slideshow |

2 comments:
I love the pictures, Heidi!!! The kids look like they had a great time! Can't wait to catch up with you guys when we get back! :)
I've heard of that park! I'm glad to have a review of it now! Maybe we'll try it before summer is over!
Looks like the kids had fun!
Post a Comment