Last week we went with our friends to pick apples. I wasn't so sure how it would work out with all of the kids, but we ended up having a super time! The only snag I ran into is that Addie came without shoes. Fortunately it was warm out so I let her still walk. Having to carry her that whole time would not have been good! From our apple harvest I have tried 2 new recipes. I got my grandmother's apple dumpling recipe and I made my first apple pie (it always seemed like too much work for me). I was quite excited to give my grandmother's recipe. This is something that I remember her always making for us and they were always so yummy. One of those things that if I ate them somewhere else they just didn't seem as good as Mal's. They weren't the prettiest dumplings that I've seen, but they tasted pretty good.
Not quite the whole group, but a cute picture. These crates were quite the hit with the kids!
Our barefoot wonder
Bryson proudly displaying one of his apples.
Tanyon inspecting an apple.
This bag was just too heavy for Bryson!!!
2 blonde hair blue eye cuties!!
Bryson monkeying around.
The week before we tried to go pick the apples and they told us they were out and we would have to come back the following week. So we did some quick thinking and Miss Judy thought of Reynold's Farm. Super good idea! The kids forgot about apples the minute we pulled into the farm!

Tanyon enjoying the bike.
Our friends Emma and Christian. Emma filled her big sister role with Addie. Watching out for her and guiding her along. Very cute!
This picture impresses me that we got 7 kids sitting and smiling at one time! I think this deserves a medal. :)
3 comments:
I think the photographer deserves the medal for the picture of all the kids . . . smiling! A miracle!! You really got some great shots of everyone!
Wow...I also loved the picture of smiling kids. They must have great mothers! Hey, I am listening to CrossWalks music these nights while doing IEPs. It has been really helpful....uplifting and motivating!
I love the first picture. I should have thought to take a picture of the apples. It was a good time and I'm glad we persevered and made sure we got to go this yr. We'll have to do it again next year!
So was the dumpling receipe difficult? If it's something rather basic I would love to try it. So far we've had two apple pies and done some apple stamping with our batch of apples.
Post a Comment