Monday, October 27

Decorating Pumpkins

So we now have 4 pumpkins how do we decorate them all. There was no way that Mommy was carving these pumpkins with 3 little ones and we tried the painting aspect already with pumpkins, so Mommy bought these cute Mr. Potato Head type pumpkin faces at Wal-Mart. I think that they end up being really cute the kids loved doing it. They definitely needed Mommy's help to get the pieces started, but they were able to push them in some then. The problem we've run into is that the ears don't hold up so well if brothers are fighting over them or if a pumpkin gets dropped on Tanyon's head! Let's just say it's good Mommy took pictures right after we finished and that the pumpkins have found a new home on our mantle!


Bryson very excited to get started!

Tanyon not so happy to have to wait while Mommy takes pictures!

Addie not so sure about all of this.

Addie found it more fun to try and steal her brother's pieces.

Tanyon hard at work.


From the start of this project it was sort of hard for Mommy to keep track of everyone's pieces. I kept saying you've got 2 eyes, 2 ears, a nose and mouth- good and then checkin' the next kid. Shortly after starting these pumpkins I went to put Bryson eyes on and I couldn't find them. I'm going through everyone's pieces, lookin' on the floor, lifting kids up, double checkin' pieces and then I see this face. It says it all. Tanyon, do you have Bryson's eyes?!

He then gave up the eyes! Tanyon, Tanyon, sigh :)

Guess what he stole next?! You got it, my camera!

The kids displaying their finished pieces of art. Bryson's doesn't have ears now, because he had to give one to his brother for breaking his ear, and the other ear Addie inherited when Bryson supposedly "tripped" over Tanyon and dropped the pumpkin on Tanyon's head!

Mr. Pumpkin head!
Addie liked playing peek-a-boo behind the pumpkins!

1 comments:

Jackie said...

Your kids make my laugh! I just love everything about them!