The other Saturday we went to a Pumpkin Festival in town. We weren't sure what to expect but Mommy had read that there would be a Penny Carnival at the one bank, and since I like a bargain, we decided to give it a try. We ended up having lots of fun. We paid to 2 bucks for the boys to paint a pumpkin together, found the Penny Carnival (which was absolutely free!!) and played several games and won a bunch of candy, got some pizza for lunch and took in the sights of the afternoon. Daddy always seems a little leary of Mommy's family time ideas, but we all had a nice time.

The boys painting their pumpkin. By the time they were finished the pumpkin just looked gray from all of the colors blending together. :)

Tanyon and Daddy checking out a firetruck.
Tanyon willingly jumped in to be the first to get his face painted. Bryson wanted nothing to do with it.
Addie was so proud that she was included. I couldn't believe how still she sat! I wish she would sit that still when I try to do her hair!!
At the last possible minutes, Bryson decided maybe he would like to have his face painted.
The boys playing a ring toss game.
The boys both got their bean bags in the hole and Addie wanted to make sure she wasn't exclude. She walked right up to the hole and put her bag in. Pretty clever I thought.
Then that Sunday the YMCA had a family fun day. We hung out in town for a little while after church to check it out. We had hot dogs, soda, and ice cream. The boys got their hair painted and really enjoyed the inflatables. Due to it being naptime, we didn't get to check everything out but we had a lot of fun in the little amount of time that we were there! I felt so blessed to find 2 activities that were inexpensive for our family to do on back to back days!
Monkey see, Monkey do. These 2 had a lot of fun together in the bounce house!

This was a really high slide. Some how I didn't get a pic of Bryson. Opps!
Daddy going down the slide with Addie. She saw her brothers doing it, so she was insistent that she needed to do it too!

Tanyon getting his hair sprayed.

Tanyon looked like he was turning into the Hulk! A funny story to this. I didn't get a chance to wash their hair that night and when Tanyon went to speech class the next day the teacher was freaked out when she happened to see this bright green color on his scalp. Opps!
I really was amazed that Bryson was willing to do this! His didn't turn out as bright as Tanyon's and it didn't last as long either.
1 comments:
You do find the best cheap kid entertainment!! Looks like a great day! I love the colored hair! Too funny!
Post a Comment