Tuesday, October 28

Small Home Repair

We are so blessed with our new house, but it has come with a lot of projects and need for updates. I really haven't like the lighting in our dining room area since we moved in. It really wasn't that big of a problem this summer because of it being so bright, but as fall rolled around I began to beg Adam that we come up with a solution to the lighting problem. I felt like if I had to live all winter in a dark house I would go into a serious depression. Plus, I guess I'm getting older but I felt like I couldn't see anything. Every time I would say something about the lights I could hear my mom in my head saying "somebody turn on the lights I can't see". Could I be turning into my mom already?! :) So one night last we were totally spontaneous and loaded everyone up for a trip to Lowe's. I really like the lights that we picked out. One I feel like I can see and they're a little bit more modern. I'm becoming okay with living in a log house, but my goal is to make it feel like a modern log house and not a cabin.

Before . . .
After . . .
The funny part to this story is my brother-in-law and sister-in-law also live in a log house (same kit as ours but different dimensions). Adam was over last weekend to pick something up and they say to him check out the new lights we just got. Guess what?! The same set of lights!! Too funny!

2 comments:

Jackie said...

I have always agreed. I never liked those old lights and it made me always feel like the lights were never on! I am anxious to see the new ones!

Judy said...

Looks great! I always think it's exciting to complete a project around the house or get something new! I'm sure you have lots of things in mind to do, but life is certainly busy! Thankfully you have a handy husband who can do most anything!