Last night we got the privilege to go watch Ohio University play Temple at Eagle's Stadium (the official name is Lincoln Financial Field)! We sat on the 50 yard line about 6 rows up! Very cool!! You might remember from an earlier post that the boys got turned onto Ohio because we have a friend from church, Dave Carter, who plays for them. Dave's parents got the boys' shirts a while back and you would of thought the boys, especially Bryson, died and went to heaven! For weeks Bryson has been telling people that he was going to see DAVE CARTER (with much emphasis) play at Eagle's stadium. So the big day finally arrived.
Adam and I went in with very low expectations since neither boy has really been to a football game before. Our expectations were pleasantly blown away! The boys did awesome and had tons of fun!! The boys proudly wore their shirts (and I think intentionally didn't complain about being cold so they wouldn't have to put their coats on an cover up there shirts) and we spray painted their hair green and white. We waited until we got up there to spray their hair which didn't work as well since it was so incredibly windy in the parking lot. The boys also proudly wore Dave's number on their one cheek and a paw print on the other. The boys cheered and cheered for Dave Carter (or as Tanyon says Dave Tarter- I love how my little guy talks!). I really was impressed with the amount of the game that they watched! Now to make the evening even cooler the Neterer boys were there, which my boys think are super cool!! So around the 3rd quarter when the boys really started to get a little restless Mitch and Bruce were so sweet to them and really entertained and played with them.
The 2 down points to the evening: Ohio lost the game late in the 4th quarter and we got lost getting to the game. As we were leaving the game, someone asked Bryson if he had fun- His response "Yeah, but I'm pretty frustrated that Dave Carter's team lost." We arrived in our seats 2 minutes (no exaggeration) before kick off. Which meant we missed tailgating with the Carter's and Mommy didn't get to take all of the pictures that I had planned in my head. We still got a couple inside at the game, but we didn't get any outside of the stadium because of rushing to get in.
Today Bryson and Tanyon were out playing in the yard (football of course) and Adam hears Bryson say "Tanyon throw me the ball, I'm Dave Carter!" Next thing he knows Tanyon is laying on the ground acting likes he's hurt. Bryson comes running over to him and says "Mooney (the other tight end and I believe Dave's roommate) are you okay?!" (Andrew Mooney hurt his knee last night in the game and Bryson was terribly concerned about him- even prayed for him while he was down on the field.) Then tonight when I was out with them (playing football, of course) the boys kept saying "I'm Dave Carter, I'm Mooney" and flip flopping roles. As a parent, it was amazing all that they took in that little bit of time last night! One last funny thing- when Temple scored their touch down in the 4th quarter Bryson looks at Adam and says "Dad, was that a homerun!!" Wrong sport, but I think he knows what a touch down is now. :)
This was the boys when we first walked in. I couldn't get them to smile because they were so in awe and taking it all in!
This is Dave (84) walking out for the coin flip. He's a tri-captain.
Tanyon showing off his 84.
Bryson was in all his glory! You can see how close we sat to the field. Pretty neat to sit that close in a professional stadium.
The boys sitting with the Neterer boys'. I think between the awe of the huge stadium and the Neterer boys my boys acted super mature!!
2 comments:
Wow...what a fun night!
We were watching it on TV, but it would have been so much more fun to see the game in person!! I'm so excited that your boys got to have that experience!!! I love their painted little faces!! And it's so sweet that they were acting so mature about it all. I love that they like to play "Dave Carter." How wonderful for them to have such a great role model!
Post a Comment