I've had one specific prayer request for the past 6 years and tonight it was answered! Bryson asked Jesus to be his forever friend. It was interesting that Tanyon actually called me back into their room after everyone was tucked in bed. He said "remember how I have to ask Jesus to be my forever friend, how do I do that?" So we had a really neat conversation but it was clear that he conceptually doesn't get it yet. But as Tanyon and I were talking Bryson said "Mom remember how I wanted to pray to ask Jesus to be my forever friend and you wouldn't let me?". (Side note- I had a very special conversation with B. about a month ago, but when it came down to praying he was being WAY too silly, so Adam and I told B. that if he was very serious about asking Jesus to be his forever friend to ask Mommy in the morning. Well, he never asked and I never forced the situation)
I responded yes and Bryson said "Can I ask Jesus to be my forever friend tonight?" We had a little discussion to make sure he was being serious and understood what he was asking. I went to get Adam and Bryson prayed the most serious prayer. Adam and I then prayed for him and the whole time we were praying he had his eyes closed with the biggest smile on his face- so very special!
Bryson and I have had a lot of conversations about salvation over the past couple of years and each time I'd think "this might be it?!!". Then he'd ask me some off the wall question like- Does God love Thomas?" Always making it clear that this wasn't going to be the moment. How special this night was for me! A little boast to my mommy tank. It was that perfect reminder that I can do nothing more important than to help my children love Jesus with all of their hearts!
Adam chuckled when we came out of Bryson's room and said "now we've got another bday, it would of been nice if it was a couple of month's later." LOL True, but it will still be a very special day for us!
Bryson, we are so proud of you for making this decision! We pray that this will just be the start of a journey of growing closer to the Lord. My next prayer is that you'll understand that there is nothing more important than loving God with all of your heart and serving him in all that you do. This was a lesson that took Mommy too long to learn! I have peace in knowing that you'll be in heaven with me one day!
Hotel Shenanigans-Day 1
7 years ago
2 comments:
That is just so awesome! What a special night for you all!!!
Your family just likes to have all their birthdays together - too funny! But seriously, what an incredible moment. The angels in Heaven were rejoicing last night! And we're rejoicing over here too!!
Happy Born-Again Birthday Bryson!
Post a Comment