Wednesday, April 15

Visitor For A Day

The other weekend we had a stray dog appear at our house. We were very cautious at first. But the dog didn't want to leave. Adam approached him and he was really friendly. He was a really pretty dog. Eventually the kids couldn't resist any longer and they wanted to pet the dog. The dog had broken loose of a lease and didn't have any tags. Adam went to all the houses around us looking for the owners, but we couldn't locate where he lived. The dog hung out all day at our house and the kids had a blast!! They named the dog Duke, after Mommy's favorite bbll team, and played with him all afternoon! We put him on a lease for the night and left him back off when we got home from church. The only problem we had was Tanyon kept letting him in the house. As nice as the dog seemed I really didn't trust him in the house. Well Sunday Tanyon left the dog in again and I shushed him back out and it was like the dog said "if your not letting me in here then I'm out of here!". :) He left and we haven't seen him since.

Now all I'm hearing about is wanting a dog. I must say it is very hard to resist, because they had so much fun with this dog. I'm also eating my words because I told the boys we could get a dog after Addie learned to go potty, well that 's coming much sooner than I expected!! So we're kind of looking, but don't think we're making any dramatic changes any time soon.


Duke with the kids.

Wouldn't his blue eyes have fit in well with my kids!!

3 comments:

Jackie said...

You absolutely have to get a blue eyed dog!!!

Millicent said...

What a pretty dog!
I'll tell you, having our dog is great. She drives me nuts sometimes (she's a lab) but she LOVES the kids and stays right with them outside. It's nice to have her 'watch' them :)

Judy said...

You are one busy mama and apparently not afraid to take on more. I can't even imagine getting a dog right now, but you guys have the perfect yard for it so it might not be so bad!