Wednesday, April 8

Guess What We're Doing?!!!

Addie has recently has taken an interest in the boys underwear:

Learned how to take off all of her clothes, usually the diaper too!!


She's been wanting to sit on the big potty when it's bath time, so I decided to get her a potty for her bday.

I think this may end up being one of the best gifts I've ever bought my children!!


As soon as she opened all of her presents from us, she wanted to use the potty. We set it up in the bathroom, not thinking much about it. She tried to go, but no luck. 5 minutes later she went running to the bathroom, we got her situated and viola she went to the bathroom! Oh my goodness!! I told Adam it had to be an absolute fluke, but said I would give things a try in the morning. We sat down as soon as she got up and we actually had double success!!! It took the boys a very long time until they would do BM's on the potty. So Tuesday was spent with my timer going off on my watch every 20 minutes and making a run to the potty. You really don't get much done on this schedule!! We had some accidents, but we had more successful trips than accidents so I decided to give it a try today. She only had 1 accident today and kept her diaper dry last night and at nap time.


I really don't like writing about this because I'm afraid I'm going to jinx myself. :) I've been told girls are easier than boys to potty train, but this has far exceed my expectations. Thank goodness I had the boys first! So we'll see how this goes. I'm not set that this has to be done now but if she's willing we'll give it a try. Could it possibly be that in a few weeks our house could be diaper free???!!!!!!! This would be the first time in 5 years!!!!!!!


I am thankful that she has realized that girls sit on the potty. I was a little concerned that her brothers were influencing her!

This is what Addie has done for about the past 6 months when I told the boys to go to the bathroom before naps. :)

1 comments:

Millicent said...

woohoo!!!
love the last pic!