Wednesday, April 1

T-ball has begun!

Last night was Bryson's 1st T-bll practice and boy was he excited! Since it was so nice out we all went into the practice. Mommy secretly deep down inside was feeling left out that Daddy gets this job and couldn't be part of it. This is where the die hard athlete inside of me sort of hates the realities of life as a Mommy and female. :)

Bryson's coach ran a great practice! He had 15 5&6 year old boys engaged and involved for an hour and 15 minutes! I also found it really neat that there were at least 5 other Dads out helping too!! Bryson had a lot of fun. He is going to love this because he just gets to be around other boys. He is Mr. Social! Bryson worked really hard except for the few minutes in the outfield that he and another little boy got distracted and began chasing each other. LOL! Mommy was shocked with how great Tanyon and Addie did. They had a blast chasing each other, rolling down and a hill and just being silly.

As we were loading everyone up in the car, Bryson looked at Adam and said "Thanks for helping be my coach, I had fun because you were here!" How special!! I was amazed that Tanyon didn't even complain once that he wasn't out there with Bryson. He was as happy as a lark, I wondered if he was enjoying his independence gained without Bryson there telling him what to do and what to play?!
Here are a few pics from the night:


Bryson getting some batting practice in.

Addie and Tanyon cheering big brother on!

Practicing running the bases.


Tanyon and Addie chasing each other!

This was such a clever idea! They used the milk jugs to catch fly balls.
Bryson did really well catching the fly balls!
Tanyon playing with some cars in the grass. This boy wasn't bored for a minute! I was so glad I got everybody out of the house.
Addie wanted a picture taken with her baby. She did everything that Tanyon did with a baby doll in tow.
Practicing fielding grounders.
Just thought this was a cute pic. I love watching this guy mature!
The inseparable duo!!!
Hopefully we have many more good nights like this this spring!

2 comments:

Judy said...

How many nights a week do you have t-ball? I'm looking forward to those days and dreading them at the same time. Bryson has hit that age where he's growing up so fast. T-ball and then school. Goodness time flies! I'm glad Addie and Tanyon enjoyed it too. I'm sure they were just happy to be outside after this long winter!

Jackie said...

Sounds perfect! What a great night!