Saturday, September 6

More on Uncle Craig

We had Craig's family bday party last night which was lots of fun. I'll post some pics. tomorrow. But we've had more excitement already this morning. Craig had his staples removed from his incision yesterday. Well, this morning when my Dad delivered him to my house to watch for the day I realized he had something on his shirt. We quickly realized that it was blood and lifted up his shirt to find that his incision had ripped open! Let's just say it's a good thing I hadn't eaten my breakfast yet because I think I would of lost my breakfast!! :) We quickly took him to the ER thinking that they would stitch him back up. Well apparently because of infection once an incision opens you can't close it back up. So the poor guy has to do dressings where they pack gauze inside the incision and then put a bandage over top. This has to be changed 4 times a day and he is at a high risk for infection, which he is very prone to in the first place. So, all this to say if you could be praying that the cut could heal quickly and he could be protected from infection. Things NEVER go normally for Craig, so we appreciate all the prayer we can get. :)

2 comments:

Judy said...

Oh my word! You have got to be kidding. And on his birthday weekend of all things. Bless his heart. We'll be praying that he stays infection free and that he can still enjoy his parties!

Jackie said...

Oh no!!!! Poor Craig!!!! And yuck! It doesn't sound very pleasant! What an ordeal this is proving to be! We will keep Craig in our prayers....and you also. I am not sure that would be one of my favorite things...changing those dressings!