It was a long day, but we arrived in Chicago. It was awfully difficult to manage 3 kids, my brother in a wheelchair, 5 suitcases and several carry-on bags. Getting through security is quite the workout since you have to unload everything, take off everyone shoes and coats and collapse the stroller. But I don't mind if it means we are safer, just difficult! The kids were pretty good. We were to have a nonstop flight, but our flight was changed with a stop in Pittsburgh. This is were Addie had some difficulty. It took about an hour until the unloaded the plane, cleaned and reloaded the plane. Addie thought she should be getting off the plane and became quite fussy because I wasn't going along with what she wanted. When we got off the plane in Chicago we found out that our stroller didn't make it with us on the trip. This complicated things quite a bit! At this point, I was quite exhausted and I'm sure that I probably wasn't as nice to the airline person as I should have been. Her solution was to put Addie in a wheelchair. Well she wouldn't sit so Mommy got creative and strapped her car seat into the wheelchair. All and all, I was very proud of how the kids handled the day. They each had some moments, but it wasn't as bad as I was anticipating. Good news, we received our stroller already. Bad news, my good sunglasses were not in the compartment I stuck them in on the stroller. Life goes on I guess.
This is a picture of the boys and Craig waiting as we tried to unload the car at the airport.
Tanyon loved watching the airplanes take off. Our gate was at the far end of the terminal, surprise surprise, but it was a great spot to watch the planes take off!
When we left Addie out of the stroller, she just ran and climbed on everything. She kept trying to climb over this bar.
At Baltimore we turned a lot of heads with 2 adults with 3 kids and my brother in a wheelchair. In Chicago we then had 2 wheelchairs with Addie sitting in her seat. At this point, EVERYONE stared! Addie thought she was super hot stuff riding this way. I just wanted to be done!!
We stopped for lunch at a McDonald's that was located on a bridge that overlooked the highway. The boys thought this was so neat!
Hotel Shenanigans-Day 1
7 years ago
2 comments:
I want to go to that McDonalds too! It looks really cool! And if I must say say, I think the look on your face says it all with both of the wheelchairs! You are a saint!!!!! I love hearing about your adventures, and I will look forward to hearing about more of your trip. Take care, and give all the kids a hug and kiss from us on Back Lane!
I'm so glad you guys made it safely! You definitely don't look thrilled in the picture of all of you in Chicago, but I would definitely be feeling the same way! I can totally relate to the stroller frustration. (Have I ever told you about the time I ended up in the ER with my dad and Christian was about Addie's age and I had no stroller. No way to contain him?? It was awful!) But, these are the days that the great memories are made of. You will laugh about this one day when your forty and look back at these pictures! Have a great time with your family! I hope Craig's final birthday celebration is all he's dreamed of! And I hope the trip home is totally uneventful!
Post a Comment