The past 2 weeks have been super crazy for us. From Craig having his surgery, to Grandma and Aunt Shannon visiting for 2 days, to go to visit my great friend Heather in Lancaster for 2 days, to our dryer breaking and taking Craig back to the hospital. Good news is Adam fixed the dryer problem. Bad news, I think I have 6 loads of laundry that are sitting downstairs waiting for me to fold. Our house seems to be in disarray! I keep taking small steps to get some organization but it sure seems like an up hill climb. I have some really good ideas but it takes time to do and a trip to the store to buy containers. :)
So, I wake up determined this morning to tackle some jobs to only be reminded by the boys that I promised them we would start school time when Daddy started school. They were SO excited when I agreed to start today (with much reluctance). I told them we had to do some cleaning first. Which they both asked to help me. Are these my kids?! So we did some laundry, the dishes, got dressed and Mommy scrambled to find some things for us to do school time with. I must say that I was pleasantly surprised by how well it went. I gave each kid a different task (including Addie) and they sat and worked while I bounced from each kid. Even Addie sat the whole time. I also need to add that they didn't even ask to watch TV this morning! SO, I'm really encouraged but feeling even more overwhelmed because the teacher inside feels like I need to have a plan and a schedule how our day should look, and I don't have either! If anyone has any helpful websites or ideas, I'll gladly take them!
Hotel Shenanigans-Day 1
7 years ago
2 comments:
only 6 loads? lucky you!
hmmm....I have a lot of good sites for school stuff...email me at milli249@aol.com and i'll send you a list!
You are an incredible mom!! I will copy some stuff over the next couple of days at school for you. My kids are school are preschool levels, so the ideas would be good for your kids too!!!
Post a Comment