This post is for the purpose of including something in our family journal (my intention of this blog) and not to promote our political views.
This was Bryson's prayer tonight before bed:
"Dear Lord, thank you for Mommy and Daddy and Tanyon and Addie. . . Please help Obama to learn more about you and to become a christian. And for the Haiti kids too. Amen"
This little 4 year old made his Mommy so proud tonight and even challenged me. Since the election I've had a lot of conversations with Bryson about our president elect.
Let me share some background to how this little one's mind is learning. I really have never followed politics much in the past, but this summer Adam really got interested and then he sparked my interested. There were many stories shared throughout the campaign during supper and in the car, etc. between Adam and I. Well Bryson's little ears were also in tune with what we were talking about. A couple of days before the election we were sitting in McD's and Bryson sees Obama on the TV. He then shouts (and I'm not exaggerating) "Mommy there's Obama. He's bad, real baaaaaddddd!!!" Quite embarrassed I tried to stop his comments quickly because he was willing to keep sharing with others his thoughts. At the same time I was stunned with how perceptive this little one was to Adam and I's conversations. (Flash forward a couple of days) I took all of the kids with me to vote in November. Before we left, we stopped and prayed about the election. When we got home from voting, the elementary school by our house was announcing the result of the informal election over the speakers outside (hence that's why we heard it). Bryson half in tears and very distraught shouts- "Mommy Obama won". I comforted him and we had a little discussion and he was on his way. Imagine the predicament that I was in the next day when I had to tell Bryson that Obama really did win. He was quite confused why the bad guy (in his mind) could win. We had a pretty deep conversation that God has placed this man to be over our country and that the Bible tells us that we must show respect (even if we don't agree with what he does) and pray for this man. So now you flash forward 2 months and this 4 year old on his own prays for our future president and his walk with the Lord!
Wow! I have been praying for our country but I don't know if I've prayed that powerfully for our president-elect! Thank you Bryson for challenging Mommy. I then prayed to myself that Bryson would never lose this child like faith as he grows older! I also prayed for Bryson's salvation. His heart is ready I believe but his mind can't quite understand it yet. This prayer was so precious to me I had to include it on our blog. It is something I don't want to forget!
I hope that Bryson's prayer may also challenge you to pray for our leader and those that he's chosen to surround himself with.
Hotel Shenanigans-Day 1
7 years ago
2 comments:
Bryson's heart is so moldable! And God is working with you just shaping and softening His heart for God's glory and honor! How exciting! I love his prayer and tell him we are going to praying also along those lines! Love you all!
Wow...I can almost hear those words coming out of his mouth...as only Bryson could say them! He is a very special little boy...with a very special heart. Just in case you don't hear it enough, you guys are doing a great job raising your kids in a Godly way...to love God with all of their hearts! :)
Post a Comment