Thanks to Daddy this kids got to go out in the snow last night. Mommy just didn't feel like there was enough snow to get everyone all bundled up, dig out all of the snow gear and wrestle everyone to get boots on. But since it was Daddy's idea and he was here to lend a helping hand, Mommy agreed. Problem was it was dark outside already, but Daddy had a fun idea for everyone (including himself!)
The preparation of getting everyone ready. Poor Addie didn't have boots that fit her. She had to wear a pair that Tanyon grew out of last year.
Tanyon was ready to go!! He was SO excited to go out in the snow.
Daddy's cool idea. Hook the sled up to the tractor and drive them around the yard.
Daddy getting everyone situated on the sled. Addie was a little hesitatnt, but of course she followed her brothers.
This was the kids after one lap around the house! They had so much fun. I know the idea doesn't seem very safe, but I do trust Adam. He is usually very cautious.
This is Addie trying to tell me about their ride. She was so excited. For the record, she did have a hat on. Look up at the beginning pictures. :)
Bryson at first didn't want to go. This is pretty typical for him- fuss and be a little oppositional to new things. We told him that once Daddy started the tractor he would be given no second chances to get on- so he thought about it for a second and decided he would join Tanyon and Addie. As you can tell be his face coming in, I believe he was very happy with the choice that he made!
Since all of the snow stuff was dug out and laying in a big pile on the dinning room floor (one of the reasons I hate getting everyone dressed for snow) I let the kids go out and play this morning for a little bit.

Addie wasn't so sure what to do at first. When it was time to come in though, guess who didn't want to come in?!

It was so nice for the boys to enjoy our yard with the snow. Bryson wanted us to take him over to the school hill, but we said no because it was too icy and he might hurt himself if he wrecked. His solution- "Could I go if I had a football helmet?" Clever, but we don't own any football helmets. :)


Tanyon trying to pull Addie in the sled. Very sweet! Last year Addie sat in this same sled for our Christmas card. She was bundled up in 2 heavy blankets. Now she barely fits. My little girl isn't a baby anymore!
Addie wasn't so sure what to do at first. When it was time to come in though, guess who didn't want to come in?!
It was so nice for the boys to enjoy our yard with the snow. Bryson wanted us to take him over to the school hill, but we said no because it was too icy and he might hurt himself if he wrecked. His solution- "Could I go if I had a football helmet?" Clever, but we don't own any football helmets. :)
Tanyon trying to pull Addie in the sled. Very sweet! Last year Addie sat in this same sled for our Christmas card. She was bundled up in 2 heavy blankets. Now she barely fits. My little girl isn't a baby anymore!
2 comments:
I love it!!!!!!! So much fun!!! I was kind of keeping an eye for you guys on sleds!!!! btw, if you need more sleds, we still have Marah and Haven's here and we do have some good hills...altho, I am afraid that if we started at the top (with all that ice), we would have ended up in Quincy!!! Thanks for sharing the pics!
I'm totally with you about all the wet clothes, gloves, hats and boots everywhere. Snow brings such a mess inside. Christian's boots still aren't dry from yesterday, but it is so fun for them. I'm sure they had a blast with Daddy pulling them around on their sled! So fun!
Post a Comment