Friday, January 30

Trying to Be Big

The other morning we were scrambling to get out the door. I pulled out clothes for all of the kids. Told the boys that they needed to be dressed by the time I got down stairs, not expecting them to do that but figured anything they did get done was one less thing I had to do. When I got down both boys were dressed including their shoes!! And out from the sunroom comes Addie looking like this . . .

My sweet little girl also tried to get herself dressed! I just started laughing and then quickly tried to praise her for trying to get dressed. Look closely at the picture. Her t-shirt is pulled up both legs, the sweatshirt she actually got one leg through the sleeve of the sweatshirt and the other leg is in the sweatshirt but she must have given up on getting it through. And since brothers got their shoes on, well she had to get her's on too! At least the one foot that she could find.
And since brothers were out the door already she thought she should be too! I swear that they get more independent with each child in the birth order and I'm not exaggerating that this little one is 100% determined to do what her brothers do!

2 comments:

Jackie said...

This is toooo cute! Can I say that I can kind of picture that? Last night, I told the boys that we should try to go sledding and they should get their boots on....I was helping them and thinking that I would get Addie after I helped them. I turned around, and she had one boot on already...all by herself! That little girl doesn't miss a trick!!

Judy said...

Wow, give her a month and she'll be doing it all on her own! That's awesome!